How many of your website visitors actually call your customer service or buy a sleep product? If the answer is less than 10 percent, then you need to learn more about conversion rate optimisation — so you can engage with prospective patients more effectively.
What’s a conversion rate?
Your site’s conversion rate is the number of times a patient completes a goal (like booking an appointment), divided by your site traffic. If you have 100 website visitors and get 10 enquiries, your conversion rate is 10 percent.
Here’s the problem — on average, conversion rates for sleep industry companies are 1 to 2 percent. 10 percent or more should be your goal. The secret is to understand your prospective patients, what they’re looking for on your website, and how well your website meets their needs.
The patient’s journey
Very often, a prospective patient will hear about your sleep company through a friend or family member, or they might see a social media review. They will check your company’s website and read reviews from previous patients.
If this prospective patient has a sleep problem, they may search for educational information to help them understand it. What may have caused it? What can they do about it?
In today’s Google-driven marketplace, the focus of sleep marketing will be focused on helping patients take their next digital step towards solutions.
Conversion rate optimisation helps patients take that next step. CRO is the process of improving your website’s effectiveness in prompting prospective patients to make the appointment, or buy the sleep product.
Key points you must consider
What do people look for when first arriving on your site? Will they look for treatments and prices? Will they look to see if you’re taking new patients? Do they want guidance on selecting products for sleep apnoea?
Prospective patients at the first stage of their patient journey are more likely to be looking for educational material to identify their symptoms while those carrying out more advanced searches are closer to conversion and may be looking for pricing information, so they can compare your practice with others.
Guidelines on improving your website’s content
How well does your website answer the patient’s questions at each stage of their journey?
- Is the information relevant to their needs?
- Is the information clear and easy to grasp quickly?
- Does the language help to soothe nervous patients?
- Can the patient easily see the treatments and their benefits?
- Do you address costs in terms of benefits?
- Do you prompt the patient to take the next step — and book an appointment?
- Is your website’s design easy to navigate, so patients can find information easily?
- Is your home page attractive or is it distracting?
- Does the information on your home page help build trust in your services?
To do this effectively your website requires these features:
- One dominant photograph at the top.
- Headline that focuses on your value proposition.
- Logos of partners and organisations that convey trust.
- A section of text on your key services.
- A ‘new patients welcome’ section.
- A section for testimonials.
- Social media icons for social proof.
- Main menu in large font, i.e. Treatments, Membership, Testimonials, Our Practice, Contact Us.
- A ‘Book An Appointment’ button in a bright colour so it stands out.
Today, sleep industry marketers aim to create patient journeys that are as easy as possible. To do this, they ask just a few questions on an intake survey form. This ensures prospective patients will take time to complete them.
Somnowell Marketing Can Help
Our team has helped many sleep industry businesses just like yours with PPC and content marketing campaigns. Our expert writers, designers and social media specialists can create and implement a PPC campaign that drives content and sales. The team will work with you to develop the plan, then create every element (with your approval) so that it reflects your brand, your unique selling points, your goals.
To find out if your changes are generating the results you’re aiming for, try A/B testing your website pages to see which version performs the best.
Somnowell Marketing Can Help
Our team has helped many sleep industry businesses just like yours with conversion rate optimisation and content marketing campaigns. Our expert writers, designers and social media specialists can create and implement a campaign that drives content and sales. The team will work with you to develop the plan, then create every element (with your approval) so that it reflects your brand, your unique selling points, your goals.
If your sleep-focused business could benefit from a well-developed conversion rate optimisation and content marketing plan, let’s talk.